2016 Legislative SessionWhat's in your economic interest?
Who's Who- "The Georgia Legislators"
Every two years, Georgia voters elect members of the legislature. These elections occur in even-numbered years (e.g., 2016, 2018, 2020). The qualifications for holding office in both houses, as well as the size of both chambers, are established in the Georgia state constitution.The New Georgia Encyclopedia
2016 Primary Results
The 2016 primaries and caucuses have begun. Candidates will seek to win delegates in each state’s contest to capture their party’s nomination for the presidency.
Legislators file bills with the Executive Orders he Clerk of the House or Secretary of the Senate. On legislative day after filing, bill is formally introduced. In chamber, bill’s title is read during period of first readings. Immediately after first reading, presiding officer assigns bill to a standing committee. Read more about tracking a Bill Through The General Assembly.
A policy is a deliberate system of principles to guide decisions and achieve rational outcomes. Policy addresses the intent of the organization, whether government, business, professional, or voluntary. Policy is intended to affect the ‘real’ world, by guiding the decisions that are made. Read more (Wikipedia)
- Top issues to watch at the 2016 Georgia General Assembly (AJC)
- Georgia Chamber of Commerce Legislative Priorities
- Social and Economic Issues of the 1980s and 1990s
- The Purple Agenda 2016-2020 (Feb. 26, 2016)
- Black Legislators during Reconstruction
- Reconstruction in Georgia
- Politics of the Southern United States
- Black Republicans & The KKK